Effective: September 12, 2022
Verifacto, Inc., a Delaware corporation (“Verifacto”, “our “us,” or “we”) operates the website located at www.verifacto.com and the associated cloud-based web application and provides various services, products, features and technologies to car dealers and auto finance companies (“Clients”) through this web application (collectively the “Services”).
We recognize that privacy is important to our Clients and their customers who visit our website and utilize our Services (“Users”), so we design and operate our Services with the protection of your personal information in mind.
We provide a diverse range of services and products to car dealers and auto finance companies. Most of our services require us to process personal information from or about Users. Our platform does not operate without collecting information. If you would like to prevent us from collecting your information completely, you should cease use of our Services.
The personal information we collect depends on how you interact with us and the type of the Services you use. Generally, we may collect the following types of personal information: full name, address, email address, phone number, driver’s license number, car insurance policy number and other insurance information, vehicle information, Social Security number, employment, employment history, bank account number, loan payment history and other financial information, etc.
We obtain personal information listed above from the following categories of sources.
Information provided to us directly or through a third party. Some of our Services require you to register for a customer account. Verifacto asks you for personal information (typically your full name, loan number or VIN number, email address and a password for your account) to create and secure this account. For certain Services, such as payment processing, we may additionally request credit card or other payment information. When you contact us to enquire information about our Services or schedule a demo, service or support request, we may also collect information about your job description (such as your position, role or title), company or industry, the state where you reside, and a phone number. Having said that, the majority of the information is being collected through a third party, including our Clients and other car dealers, auto finance companies (by way of submissions through our web-application) and third-party data verification entities.
Usage and analytics data. When you use our Services, some information is collected automatically. The information we collect might include the user’s Internet service provider, type of web browser or operating system, IP address, viewed pages, time and duration of site visits, crash logs, and other related information. We collect this information in order to assess how Users access and utilize our Services. This data is valuable to Verifacto for various internal purposes, including troubleshooting and improving the functionality of the Services.
We may use personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- to provide and deliver our Services and fulfill your requested transactions, including securing, troubleshooting, improving, and personalizing those Services;
- for testing, research, analysis and product development;
- to develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our Services including our website;
- as necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our clients or others;
- to manage our business processes, such as improving our internal operations, securing our systems, and detecting fraudulent or illegal activity;
- to monitor and analyze trends and usage of our Services, enhance our Services and your experience with them;
- to provide support and training service and respond to your inquiries;
- to communicate with you, including by phone calls, email, mail, and text messages;
- to inform you about additional related products and services that should assist car dealers and auto finance companies and/or their customers in mitigating collateral, credit and collection risks,
- to comply with legal requirements, including applicable laws, rules, regulations, and orders.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes outside of our contractual agreement with the businesses that provided personal information.
Verifacto may share personal information to affiliated and non-affiliated third parties for the following purposes:
- to provide and deliver our Services, process or service requested or authorized transactions, such as insurance verification and monitoring, GPS vehicle tracking, payment reminders and/or payment processing, loan calculation, contract generation, communication processing such as letters, SMS, emails, accounting, call and voice processing, and related services;
- to conduct our business, provide and improve upon our Services, or engage in marketing or research activities;
- to transfer information to third parties such as insurers, reinsurers, insurance and reinsurance agents, brokers, intermediaries and other representatives in connection with insurance-related services and activities for the purpose of evaluating the need for insurance coverage, providing quotations for insurance products, obtaining insurance coverage, marketing insurance products, or other insurance related services;
- to transfer information to our sales agents, brokers, marketing agents, and others involved in the distribution, sales, or marketing of our Services;
- to transfer information and any parties involved in an actual or prospective sale, acquisition, merger, joint venture, assignment, transfer, reorganization, joint venture, or other transaction relating to some or all of our business, assets, stock, or ownership interests;
- to disclose information when Verifacto is legally required to do so.
This sharing of information may be deemed a sale under applicable law. If you live in California or certain other states, you may have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information and have other privacy rights under applicable law. Please see https://verifacto.com/Notice-at-Collection/ for additional information relevant to you.
External Data Storage Sites
We may store your personal information on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Personal Information of Minors
We refrain from knowingly collecting or maintaining personal information relating to any person under the age of 18. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information about a person under 18 through our website, we will remove the relevant information.
Verifacto has established physical, electronic, and procedural controls designed to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access to your information. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the Services. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services. Any transmission of information is at your own risk.